Search This Blog

The Book of Genesis


The Book of Genesis
CBR | W.W. Norton & Co. | Oct 2009 | 224 Pages | 216 MB
Illustrated by R. Crumb (Hardcover)
Ever since I learned about this on the internet and read its excerpt in the December 2009 issue of Playboy, I tried to search for its digital version. As luck would have it, I found the high quality scans of "Jojo" (he is also the scanner of the Walt Disney's Christmas Classics Vol. 1 Hardcover I had posted earlier) and here we are. Playboy bills it as "the world's most endearingly perverted storyteller's take" on the first book of the Bible, all 50 chapters of it.

Considering the nature of R. Crumb's work (honestly and totally irreverent) and his stature (he is one of the pioneers of underground comics gone mainstream) and considering the subject of his illustrations, I must say I do not intend to offend delicate and/or religious sensitivities; my only purpose is to present--and share--here what surely is a groundbreaking and landmark work in comic art. Oh, and please read R. Crumb's Introduction found in page 9 of this CBR--it's priceless. MATURE READERS.
Download MIRROR #1

Download MIRROR #2

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment